Sung from the Soul

Monday, March 17, 2008

My Song


The sound of boots against crisp frosted ground,
Echo of chorus of marched duty bound,
Nothing more then steamed breaths await,
Watching through the hinted lights break,
Prowling hunters battle the hunted take.

Pride in honor fills the air....

In the lifted morning mist that shadows light,
Thoughts of warm woman's touch lasting plight,
The dark eyes of my son awaiting joys of song,
My own Fathers spear now hung,
I will bring all that nourishes home,

Pride in honor fills the air.....

It was flash of darkness in the light,
My path to grounds was also follow,
I welcomed this challenge with bola's straps drawn,
We both watched the same stag in distance,
Then did both dark eyes meet.

Pride in honor filled the air...

It was the snapped break of silence from a growl,
Put both beast in flight,
My bola hit the stag in throat,
My spear I held on tight with claws cutting at chest,
It was hot the blood breathed in stealing the larls last breath.

Pride in honor fills the air...

I rode back with both in bounded strap,
Hides to keep my family warm,
Set of claws for Spexes telling,
I thanked the sky for light to let me live,
Bosk safety for my future,
The tribe had a Warrior return,
And a song for a singers telling.
posted by Ba'atar, Singer of the Tuchuks at 9:55 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home